Sewing Original Stitches (SOS) is Beaver County's newest Sewing Studio. SOS is a classically modern workshop that is set up with embroidery, sewing, serger and electronic cutting machines as well as cutting tables and pressing stations. Our hours are unconventional compared to other sewing stores. As a rather bold move, we are a shop for the working person. We are open evenings and weekends only.
The mission of our studio is to build a community that enables sewing and crafting in Beaver County that are based on social events and most of all is FUN!
In order to support this goal below are some examples of what you can expect to find at SOS in Industry, PA:
- Never sewed before? Stop in for a Sip N Sew event where a beginning project can be made with friends! Feel free to bring your favorite snacks and beverages!
- New to sewing? Experience beginner projects that you will finish in class.
- Love taking classes? Join us for different classes that are fun, sharing others experiences and develop your creative side. Open Sewing classes are available for you to bring your project and openly share.
- If you have a machine that you do not know how to use, dust it off and bring it to class and we will help getting you going again.
- You do not have a machine? Use one of ours! This is great for those who may be hesitant to try sewing or cannot afford the high cost large embroidery or vinyl cutting machines.
- Don't like patterns or rules? Come in for an upcycle or design class where you can learn basic principles and which rules you can break.
- Do you know how to make adjustment to patterns in order to make them “fit”? Kim is a Palmer/Pletsch certified sewing instructor and will be offering classes.
- Have you always wanted to make a quilt, but never knew where to start? We offer complete quilting services from fabric and pattern selection, piecing classes, and long arm rentals so that you can start and finish that quilt at one location.
- Don't need help, only need space? Rent space (affordably) where you can spread out and complete your projects without distractions from children, spouses, or pets!
- Do you have meeting space for groups? I love groups and want to promote the community of sewing. Rent space for groups to sew, craft, or quilt together.
- Don't want to sew? We can do small custom orders for embroidering shirts or hats or basic alterations.
Please join us and keep sewing alive in Beaver County. Remember, we are the shop for the working person. Our hours are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 1 PM – 9 PM , Saturday from 10 AM to 4:00 PM and Sunday from 12 PM to 4:00 PM. Other hours are available by appointment only.